Sunday, June 13, 2010

Summer is here! (May 31-June 6)

Pics and Update from May 31-June6
Summer has begun and with it all sorts of fun things for the boys. Another bday party for cousin David, this time with aunts, uncles, and grandparents.
We also hit up a new splashpad this week,
Jacob had a birthday party at the bounce house place,
and the boys and I took a trip to Brenham with some friends to take a tour of the Blue Bell plant and play at the Blue Bell pool. The whole day was fun and tiring. We all took great, long naps that day!
In some ways, I'm happy for summer, and in a few ways, I'm not. I like not having a set schedule most days, enjoying new experiences with the boys, and having lots of pool time, but I don't like the crowds at the gym, stores, and everywhere it seems. It has also gotten hot very fast - mid 90s most days, so lots of water play around here.
Jacob is still swimming great and loving it.
I actually attempted to work with Luke on identifying his letters a bit this week (well, as much as he would tolerate) and I realized he no longer knows the 8-10 letters he knew just a few weeks ago (thankfully he still knows about 5 consistently.) I have been slacking with practicing with him - my fault! Jacob knew all his upper case letters by this age, and some of the lowercase ones too...so I can't help but feel guilty for not giving Luke the same opportunities.
Here are the pictures from the week.

1 comment:

  1. Samuel can't identify more than 5. It's terribly frustrating to me. He can finally spell his name outloud but no writing at all!

    ReplyDelete