Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter Activities

Now that Jacob is in school everyday, we don't have as many opportunities for crafts and special holiday activities, so he gets really excited when I have one planned for after school.

One from last week was to make a Bunny Train. The boys and David love decorating a gingerbread house each year at Christmas, so when I saw a kit at the store for making the train, I bought it. After I put train engine and caboose together,

I let the boys be creative and have fun decorating it as they wanted.

This one cracks me up. One of the best parts of working with icing, is getting to lick your fingers...


I didn't get a picture of the finished product. I guess I'll have to do that before it gets tossed. It is definitely a work of art.
For the last two weeks, Jacob has asked about dyeing Easter eggs. With all the after school activities taking up our afternoons, we just hadn't been able to make time. Until today. Jacob ran off the bus and immediately asked if today was the day for dyeing Easter eggs. Thankfully, Luke and I spent some time before he got home, getting things ready.
Here they are, ready to make masterpieces.
Luke put one egg in each color, and it looked like he would be done in record time.
But then he decided every egg needed to go into every color.Working hard.
Jacob was ready to go.
And was very meticulous about placing each egg.
And he was very pleased with his results. Even making an egg with the word 'Mom' on one.
The finished products. Jacob's are on the left, and Luke's are on the right. 2 of Luke's took a nose dive to the pavement, as you can see with all the cracks on a couple of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment