Sunday, October 4, 2009

Week of Firsts

**Picture and update from Sept 21-27
Another fun week with a few 'firsts.' Jacob had his first soccer game and Sunday school class and Luke had his first haircut. Daddy took some scissors to Luke's bangs on Saturday. He looks much better (and he still has the curls.) See the full post below. Though most of the kids didn't understand soccer completely, they all played hard and had fun. Jacob played every minute of the game, and ran for most of those, except for the time he played goalie. I can see improvement already. Another full post is coming on this.
He also had his first day of preschool religious ed class on Sunday. He had a lot of fun and looks forward to going again.
School, Bible Study, trips to the gym, soccer practice, LOTS of rain, a family dinner with extended family, and a day spent with Grandma on Sunday rounded out the week.

In 'growth' news, I finished up the last of the size 3 diapers we had so Luke moved up to size 4 this week. They are a bit big on him now, but every time I turn around he is getting bigger, so he'll be filling the new ones out very soon I'm sure.
I am planning to move him to 1 nursing a day (in the morning) on Oct. 1. I'm not sure how he'll take it when we drop the night feeding, but it is a step we have to take.
Jacob continues to amaze us with his memory and quickness in which he learns. I can hardly believe he is only 3 years old when I hear him talk or 'think' outloud.


Here are some pictures from the week.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute soccer player! Julia is here with me and wishing she played soccer too. She thinks she wants to be goalie

    ReplyDelete