Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Jacob and Daddy



This post was intended for yesterday (on my boys' actual birthday), but it didn't happen. So...here it is, a day late. Yesterday Jacob turned 2 and David turned another year older. Since I wasn't on my game enough to have the presents wrapped or a cake made, we put off celebrating the birthdays as a family until today. That means I better get started on the cake and present wrapping! We did celebrate Jacob's birthday with a little party with extended family on Saturday, so we have a few pictures from that celebration.
Jacob had his 2 year checkup on Friday and he is doing great. Definitely meeting all the "milestones" set for a boy his age. He stood tall at 34" (I think he is actually taller, I don't trust how they measure height for kids 2 and older, actually expecting them to stand tall against a wall...yeah right) which puts him in the 50th% for his age. He weighed in at 30.5lbs which puts him in the 90th% for weight. We've got ourselves quite a solid kid.

Luke had his 2 week checkup yesterday, and he "looks fantastic" according to his pediatrician. He weighed in at 9lbs 3.6oz which is 50th% for weight for a 2 week old baby, is 21.5" tall (again, not sure I trust this height measurement either) which is 75th%, and his head was 13.8" which is 30th%. So his measurements are all over the chart - but he's perfect to me!

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear both of your boys had a great day! and WOW! that is great news about the doctor's appointment. Both kiddos sound PERFECT to me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Samuel is only 23 lbs! He goes in on Tuesday. I'll share the stats then! Yeah for 2 healthy boys and Happy Birthday to Daddy and Big Brother.

    ReplyDelete