Monday, August 11, 2008

Week 5 - Finally getting better




A slow week as we stayed home because of 2 sick little boys. Thankfully, neither was too sick, and both are almost completely well. Jacob is still pushing my buttons a lot, but it does seem to be getting a bit better. Hopefully he'll get through this current stage soon. He continues to dote on his little brother most of the time, but I have seen a few instances of jealousy and anger towards Luke appear from time to time. Of course, that is perfectly normal, but we have to keep a close eye to make sure no real pain is inflicted.
Luke rolled from belly to back several more times this week, so perhaps he has figured out how to do it, rather than it just be an accidental roll. According to our scale, Luke is about 10.5lbs. I've noticed his once skinny legs have started to plump up, as have his rounded cheeks. A very "healthy" boy is growing. Sleep training hasn't improved much, still 3hr stretches at night for the most part. I'm hoping we turn a corner soon. I do get frustrated from time to time, but I know he'll figure it out in time. I don't think he is waking "out of habit" just yet, but I don't want to get to that point. The heat is definitely suppressing much of the outdoor activities here, so we are looking forward to cooler weather in the next month or two. Go here for the rest of this week's pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics! and I'm glad I'm not alone in the 2-year old dept., hopefully this phase will pass soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the boys are back to health. Have you started the Y yet??? I know Luke can go at 6 weeks.

    ReplyDelete