Sunday, February 1, 2009

Home Sweet Home for the Superbowl

The end to a tough week is here. As I already described in an earlier entry, it has been a week I'm glad to leave behind.
Luke continues to improve. His cough is much more sporadic and his runny nose is mostly cleared up. Now if we could get his eating and nursing back to normal, I would feel pretty good about the situation. Because he isn't eating much, I continue to nurse him anytime he wants, which unfortunately, seems to happen 2-3 times each night. I hope to pick up our sleep training with him soon, but I have to wait until he's eating as he should be.

Jacob on the other hand, is still struggling to feel better. Once he started on the antibiotic, I expected a quick turnaround, but no such luck. He's had a tough weekend. As long as we keep the Motrin in him, he's ok, but once it starts to wear off, his fever climbs back up to the 101-102 range and he's pretty miserable. Like Luke, he has no desire to eat either. Thankfully, he's happy to drink water and juice, so he's intaking some calories. Hopefully this week will be better for him.

Luke watched his first superbowl today (a half anyways) at home with the family, since we had 2 sick boys who couldn't go out.

There aren't a ton of pictures this week with a sick kid or two taking my energies all week instead...but here they are.

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope this week is better for you! You guys have had a rough cold and flu season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a little Dos Equis to clear up the common cold!

    ReplyDelete