Monday, February 15, 2010

We survived "free day" at the zoo

Post started Jan. 19
After our last visit to the zoo was shortened by the cold, Jacob has been asking to go back almost everyday. I finally decided that Monday, the 18th was going to be good weather and we didn't have anything else going on that day, so I told the boys we would go. Of course, Mommy didn't check to see if MLK day was one of the zoo's 6 free days of the year. Thankfully, someone mentioned it to me before we set out, so I was prepared. We left a little earlier so we could secure a parking spot by the zoo, and just wait for it to open. We wandered around neighboring Hermann Park and the boys loved it.
Thankfully, the zoo wasn't the madhouse I was expecting, and the boys got to see everything they wanted without any trouble (except the children's zoo...I decided to avoid that area).
We then took the Hermann Park train ride and had a picnic lunch. Overall, it was a great visit.
I'm so glad we went early though. We left at 11:30am and the parking and surrounding streets was a MADHOUSE! Note to self (and anyone else planning on going on a free zoo day) get there when it opens or before. I don't know when the traffic got so bad, but it was a mess at 11:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment