Friday, December 17, 2010

African Forest

The boys and I get our money's worth out of our zoo membership, making the trip into town 2-3 times a month to visit the animals. The beauty of a membership means the 1 1/2 - 2 hour visit (usually the max amount of time spent there) doesn't feel like a waste of money.
With our fall activities and school finishing up for the year, we found ourselves with a free day (which rarely happens!) and decided to visit the zoo and check out the new exhibit(s) in the African Forest. We were not disappointed. They did a really good job on the whole area. We plan on going back next week to visit again.
Here are a few pictures with my new pocket (waterproof!) camera I got for my birthday last week. The pictures aren't as sharp as those taken with my DSLR, but you can't beat the ease of a pocket camera.And of course, no trip to the zoo is complete without a ride on the carouselAnd a climb in the prairie dog tunnel
There is a train that runs through the park adjacent to the zoo that the boys LOVE to ride, but I bargained with the boys to skip it this time...which means I am on the hook for next week!

1 comment:

  1. We love the zoo too. Don't make it down often enough. We too have a yearly pass! Your pictures are great! Happy Bday!

    ReplyDelete