Tuesday, December 21, 2010

To the zoo...yes again

Another warm winter day in Houston, brought the boys and me back to the zoo today.
This time we went with our friends Katie and Gideon. Gideon is in Luke's class at school, but the admiration and affection Gideon has for Jacob is what really keeps Gideon wanting to hang out with us! My efforts to get a picture of all 3 rambunctious boys was futile.
In fact, at this spot, Gideon wanted to play duck duck goose instead of taking a silly picture.I got these two to sit for 5 seconds...
This time, as promised, the boys got to ride the Herman Park train. The ticket prices have gone up since the last time we rode, so our rides may not be as frequent as they once were.
My boys have always been stroller kids. They would rather be pushed around than walk (or run) on their own. As much as I like this (it sure makes it easier to take them out on my own when they aren't running in two different directions) sometimes I wish they would get out and walk a bit. Pushing nearly 80lbs of stroller and kid gets heavy!
Not sure what his problem was in the stroller picture, he really was having fun....
In front of the chimpanzee window today, one feisty chimp scared both my boys in two separate instances. The boys were standing on the wall by the window, and this one chimp went right up to the glass and hit it right by their faces. Both were very quick to back away and almost fall off the wall. Good thing Mommy was there to catch them. It really stuck with Luke. Later, at the orangutans he wouldn't go within 3 feet of the glass enclosure!
Though I am sure this has been going on for some time now, and I just haven't registered it, I realized today that Jacob has started asking "what is ?" when an unfamiliar word is used in conversation. Before, he would just glaze right over what was said and go on, even if he didn't understand. He is once again showing his love for knowledge with these new questions. The word that made me pay attention...passengers. Big thanks to Katie for tolerating his neverending silliness and helping to answer his numerous questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment