Monday, March 31, 2008

20 months - week 1 - Mommy! Mommy!




Easter was a lot of fun with Jacob this year. He loved the goodies from the Easter Bunny and he had a great time hunting for eggs (3 times in one week - lucky boy). He also got a much needed haircut this week, unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of him dressed nicely for the Easter church service before he spilled juice and brunch all down his front. Oh well, we aren't lacking in pictures of Jacob, that is for sure. So finally, this week, Jacob called me Mommy. I've been waiting forever for this. He had the whole 'mama' thing down a long time ago, but he never used it to refer to me-it was just a word. Now, in person and when looking at pictures, I am Mommy! In addition to hearing my name said over and over, Jacob has also learned how to tell us when he has pooped. I know, quite an accomplishment! Of course, we don't need him to tell us, we know, but I think identifying it is the first step to potty-training. Many months away from potty training, but a first step, nonetheless. I finally got a few pictures of him at YMCA class, too. I’m not sure I should call it a class, but rather playtime. He doesn’t sit to listen or do what the teacher says – oh well. Go here for the rest of this week's pictures.

1 comment:

  1. WOW !! I just finished reading all of your posts !! I'm so impressed, and your photos are incredible. I'm super jealous !! Keep the posts coming "Mommy" ;-)!!!! (that is too cute!!!)

    ReplyDelete