Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Walking Mommy and Daddy



So - the latest thing for our family is to go on a nightly walk around the block. We've always enjoyed taking a walk in the evening, but rarely have we been as consistent about doing it every night as we have the past month or so. But...with Jacob we aren't allowed to 'forget' or say 'I'm too tired.' Each night, he is ready for his "wok" once dinner is cleared. In the past, walks used to be: Jacob in the stroller, Daddy pushing it, and Mommy trailing along. Now, Jacob sets the pace. And he is no strolling child. He likes to run. And sometimes, he likes to bring along a little push toy - he's even faster with it. So...needless to say, he is walking Mommy and Daddy. Don't get me wrong, it is great exercise for all of us (and Lord knows we need it the way all 3 of us eat!), but this pregnant Mama is actually struggling to keep up with her 1 1/2 year old - crazy!

4 comments:

  1. I tagged you...

    Go to my blog for more info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would love to say I take a walk with chase - or that he walks me, but i am admittedly too lazy - koodoes to you for being pregant and still wanting to do anything at all!! i would say, it only gets easier when they get "older", but that would be a lie - they just get quicker, litlle boogers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous..a family walk is absolutely something we need to implement. Now in true Sarah fashion I want to see photographic evidence of this "walking" !! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you say pregnant mama?! I swear I just saw a picture of you looking fabulous in a black dress with no sign of baby. Am I misreading? Congratulations :)!

    ReplyDelete