Monday, June 23, 2008

22 months - week 4 - Sleep Trouble

Another week gone - I can't believe it. Time seems to be flying by. We've been trying to stay busy, without wearing me out too much. Baby Haeberle is doing that all on his own. Sometimes that is not so easy with a very active toddler.

Napping in the new bed went well last week. We have a little resistence when going down for the nap (which, if you can believe it, we rarely had in the 12-15 months), but it isn't too bad. 2-3 hour naps are the norm everyday, which have been great for me. I find myself quite exhausted by naptime and am ready to take a nap myself.

Nighttime on the other hand, has been very rough lately. Jacob is fighting bedtime and sleeping at night in general. He's even using stall tactics liking asking for a drink, another book, a hug, etc. We often have to deal with tears and hours of whining before he falls asleep. Then, many nights, he is up crying, whining, or just making noise. And he's still sleeping in the crib at night! Of course, he's ready to get up at 5:30am (which has been going on for 6 weeks now). I don't know how he's not exhausted. We are trying to figure out if it is something we are or aren't doing, a 2-yr-old phase, the change to a new room and bed, or the pending baby that is causing the problem. Whatever it is, I'm ready for it to end! I think he may be getting his 2 yr old molars too, so that could also be contributing to the situation. Go here for the rest of this week's pictures.


2 more weeks til baby! I can hardly believe it!

1 comment:

  1. I love the swimming pictures !! As for the early morning we went through that about two weeks before the baby was born...so that is my vote !! She is back to sleeping in until 7-7:30am...

    ReplyDelete