Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Luke's Baptism


As I mentioned before, Luke was baptized on Sunday at our church. The ceremony was performed by Father Sean Horrigan. The same priest who baptized Jacob 2 years ago and married David and me 5 years ago. I think it is really neat that we were able to have that connection in our sacraments.

We had nearly 30 people join us for the blessed occasion. Two of my aunts from New England, Kathy and Janet, came for the weekend. We really appreciated them taking the time to come as it was so nice to see them. We also were very happy to have several dear friends, and my aunt and cousin who live nearby, with us. Of course, my parents, siblings, neices, and nephew were here too.

After a simple, but beautiful ceremony, everyone came back to the house for a reception. David went above and beyond, once again, with the food preparation for the party. Everything looked great and tasted even better. To make the day even better - the weather was fantastic, so we were able to sit outside and visit for hours.

Thanks to my best friend, Margaret, for taking such fabulous pictures of the baptismal ceremony. Those pictures and the ones from the reception afterwards are here. For more pictures of the weekend (including dinner out on Saturday, the baptism, and reception), here are ones taken by my dad, and here are ones taken by Aunt Janet. Thank you to all of the photographers. Someday, Luke will also appreciate having such great documentation of the event.

2 comments:

  1. That is really neat to have the same priest for all of those special occasions! I couldn't access the pictures except for Janet's, the others said page not found, but anyhow, I enjoyed the others and also the pics of the food. Your hubby prepared that?! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete