Sunday, December 21, 2008

Movers and Shakers

Earlier this week I noticed Luke would "move" from the spot I put him on the floor. He isn't crawling, by any means, but a few different manuevers get him where he wants to go. First off, he rolls. Front and back, left and right. This moves him along. Other times he will spin around on his tummy to see what is going on in another direction. And finally, if something is just out of reach, he will do a little inch worm wiggle to move himself forward. It is pretty funny to watch. He gets up into a pushup position on his hands and toes, pushes his bum up in the air then drops to his tummy and reaches forward with his hands. I haven't caught video of it yet, but here are a few pictures:





Meanwhile, Jacob was off doing rolls all over the place while Luke struggled to move a few feet. I definitely think I need to enroll him in a gymnastics class in the spring:




6 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I can turn my back on my little man at all. Can you believe they are already almost crawling????

    ReplyDelete
  2. The inch worm is too cute! Great memories! I think Samuel will do gymnastics soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 'worm' that Luke is doing. I'm most impressed with the 3rd picture and how high he can stick his bum in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    Your family is adorable!!!

    I wanted to drop this here and let you know you won the $25 TJ Maxx gift card from the giveaway at my site!!

    Would you please email me your mailing address and I'll get it out asap!!

    Take care,
    Andrea @ Mommy Snacks

    ReplyDelete
  5. James and I both loved Luke's inch worm pics too cute!!! I am impressed with how strong he is. I think my Luke might take gymnastics at the Y in March - maybe we could get them in the same Monday or Friday class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww those pics are so cute!

    ReplyDelete