Monday, December 22, 2008

Slowing down

We actually spent a bit more time at home this week, which was a nice break from the busy schedule of the last few weeks. On Tuesday, Jacob had his last day of school for 2008. They ended the day with a little party in the classromm which Luke and I attended. We had a playdate with a friend at our house on Monday and a Christmas party playdate with our playgroup on Friday. It was a huge party with a lot of kiddos. It was probably the last playgroup gathering of the year for us, so it was nice to see everyone together.

Last week, Luke all of a sudden decided he didn't want to eat the solid food. This week, thankfully, he changed his mind again, and is once again scarfing the cereal. We introduced sweet potatoes this week too, and he seems to like those also. Sleeping is not perfect, but it is improving. He usually only gets up 2 times a night (about 2-3 am and about 5-6am), eating both times, but that has generally been it. I can do that. I'm afraid he's habitually eating at night (at least for the 2nd feeding), even though he may not need to. I've tried to let him cry it out several times, and he always seems to win. I give in and feed him after 1) he wakes up Jacob with the crying or 2) he gets hysterical after crying for 15+ min. He has also been napping a bit better too the last few days, I hope that continues. A good solid napping routine is key in my book.

We are all looking forward to Christmas in just a few days. The festivities with my family begin tomorrow and extend into Wednesday. The celebration with my inlaws will begin Saturday when they arrive to stay with us for awhile. We can't wait.





Here are the rest of this week's pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pics! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas!!!! Can't wait to hear all about J on Christmas morning!!

    ReplyDelete