Monday, August 24, 2009

Low-Key Week

I finally sent out the pictures from two weeks ago, which is why I am just now updating the blog from our activities of 2 weeks ago. Someday I'll have more time for this, right? :)

After a busy week of a few days at home and a few days in Cincinnati with several late nights, I decided that we would spend a week staying close to home, resting, and getting back on schedule. So, except for trips to the gym everyday and a playdate and birthday party on Friday, we had an extremely low-key week (as far as outside activities were concerned).
I did learn something from this little "low-key" experiment. My boys do not do well with doing "nothing." Of course, we didn't really do "nothing" as we did play at the house, but it seemed they wanted more structure and activity, which is our norm. Unfortunately, with it being so hot (over 102 everyday!) we didn't play outside much so that added to the cabin fever. The boys were wild and naughty much of the week, so I don't think we'll be trying a low-key week again for awhile. But with school and bible study starting soon, that shouldn't be a problem.
Luke is really changing and growing right now. It is such a neat age to see the wheels turning. He started repeating words and actions we do in addition to babbling and 'talking' all the time. He loves my cell phone and will whine and reach for it everytime I am using it. I found one of my old cell phones for him to play with and he loves it. One day, he turned it on (I didn't know it had any juice left) and he was thrilled. You should have heard him cry though when the battery died and it was off once again. So funny how much kids want to play with our stuff instead of toys.
A few weeks ago I also noticed Luke would give kisses and would make the "muwah" sound while doing it. He then will give you a great big grin.
Here are the rest of the pictures from 2 weeks ago.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed you visit the gym everyday! It's going to be a little easier for me this year b/c Julia is off at school at 8:30 so it gets us out of the house. We are doing much more "playing" away from home this year with Julia in school. We are taking advantage of MOMS club activities, the Y and gymnatics. So far we are staying very busy all morning which is a first for us. We've usually been low-key a good part of the week. All things improve w/ time, right?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Low-key never works for me either. I get just as bored as the kids. :) I'm so ready for fall weather because it's just way too hot here right now. My kids last about 10 minutes at the park and then are begging to go home. 100 degrees will do that to you, I guess!

    ReplyDelete