Thursday, August 27, 2009

One Step Closer

I took one step closer to weaning Luke today. We have now dropped the midday feeding and have just two left, morning and night. This morning was a big 'milestone' too in that regard. Luke didn't wake until 6am, and he woke up pleasantly...not screaming and crying. So, I got him out of bed and brought him to the family room to play with Jacob and me. He didn't nurse for over an hour after he woke up. That is huge.... I have 2 months to completely wean him before our no-kids trip. As much as I'm looking forward to the trip, I'm also sad to think that I'll be done nursing my baby very soon.

4 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. You've done a great job nursing him for so long. Cherish the rest of your feeds together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, La, La, a no kids trip! Sounds fabulous. We have yet to enjoy one of those. I'm sure you can get Luke ready! Love the pictures of you two together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great pics of you two. We are going on a no kids trip in two months too - where are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn- we were originally going on a 4 day cruise to Cozumel, but the couple we are going with got pregnant and will be too far along to go on the cruise (and doesn't want to travel outside the US), so now we are going to stay on the beach in the Florida Keys.

    ReplyDelete