Friday, April 11, 2008

20 months - week 3 - Blogging and Traveling





Today - I finally revealed the blog to many of my family and friends. So, for those of you reading this for the first time, welcome. I hope to keep up this blog weekly, at the very least, and hopefully more. Time and energy levels will determine the frequency at this point. If you scroll down, you'll see a more detailed entry about the wedding travel woes, but I'll leave this little post as it mentions Jacob's "side" of the wedding fun.

This week involved another trip for Jacob. This time, he traveled with Mom and Grandma to Atlanta for a dear friend's wedding. The flights were pretty good for Jacob both coming and going. I wish I could say the same for our luggage, which was delayed overnight, wreaking some havoc on our first night. The wedding was Jacob's first to attend. He wasn't too happy when I left him to participate in the ceremony, but once reunited with me, he was excited to run all over the place during the reception. He seemed to enjoy himself, as did I. He started to get tired at one point and sat quietly in my lap. But after a 30 min rest, he got his second wind and was ready to run again. I only wish I had half of his energy.

As is the case when we return from many of our trips, Jacob was a bit crabby and tired for a couple of days, but that tends to happen when a kid with a pretty routine schedule gets off that schedule for a few days. With all of the traveling he has done lately, he is starting to recover a bit faster. He did sleep great this week, taking 3 hour naps for the past 4 days and sleeping solid for nearly 12 hours. Ahhh...the life of a toddler. Go here to see the rest of the week's pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment