Friday, May 9, 2008

21 months - week 3 - Updates




I took Jacob back to the doctor for a re-check to make sure his ear and sinus infections were cleared up, but unfortunately, his sinuses weren't quite cleared, so he'll continue on antibiotics for another 10 days. He's 1000% better than 10 days ago, but not quite all the way there yet. We also took Jacob for a much needed haircut. I can't believe how grown up he looks just by cutting his hair. I still want to keep it a little bit toddler like, so I don't let them use the clippers on his hair yet - just scissors. I was able to purchase a backup lovey for Jacob off Ebay this week. I spent a few dollars more than I was really hoping to, but I figured having that backup was worth the expense. The clingy, separation anxiety phase seems to have passed, for the most part. He is back to the pappy only when sleeping, so that is a relief. And finally, Jacob's learning of the ABC's is going well. He still struggles with about 5 letters, but in his defense, they are the ones that look extremely similar to other letters (Q is O, V is Y, Z in N, for example.) Now if only we could have the same success with numbers and colors...Go here for the rest of this week's pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I still can't get over how grown-up he looks after his haircut. Have a great trip !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why but colors can be hard ones to learn. You'd think they'd be the first thing they would recognize.

    ReplyDelete