Saturday, May 3, 2008

21 months - week 2 - Feeling Better





If someone asked me a few years ago to predict how I would be enjoying a beautiful Saturday night, I doubt the answer would have been "watching my Astros play some great baseball while working on my family's weekly pictures and blog." But that is exactly what I am doing. Jacob is in bed, David is enjoying the cool night air, and I'm lounging in the study watching TV and typing.
As I mentioned in the earlier post, I took Jacob to the doctor on Monday to see if his nagging runny nose and cough were more than just Houston allergies. Sure enough, ear and sinus infections were present. A few days after being on the antibiotics, he is now doing much better. And he is a much happier child too. I'm now wondering if the clingy/whiny phase we have been dealing with was extended a couple of weeks because of the illness. To think I could have been a much happier, nicer mama if we'd figured this out sooner. He has been in such a better mood since feeling better.
Of course, with feeling better, Jacob has even more energy. I didn't think it was possible. He is definitely playing the "boy" role. He's very loud, rough, destructive, and always on the move. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that style of play, it just takes some getting used to. He hasn't quite figured out that mom can't be his jungle gym and target for throwing toys in her preggo state. Thankfully, he can still be a very sweet, gentle kid, dishing out hugs and kisses whenever he's asked. Every mother has to love that.
We are still working on listening to mommy and daddy and his increasing defiance too. We definitely have a long way to go there. He wants to do what he wants to do. Especially when it comes to climbing on chairs, couches, or beds, where he proceeds to give mommy a heart attack as he plunges off head first. Go here for the rest of this week's pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pics !!! He is turning into such a little man ;-)

    ReplyDelete