Monday, October 20, 2008

3 1/2 months and growing strong

Can you believe it, Luke is now 3 1/2 months old! I was talking to someone the other day about him, and stumbled over my words when asked how old he was. It was then I realized how fast the time had gone. The next several months will be a whirlwind too as he learns all sorts of new things and experiences many things for the first time. It is wonderful to think about what the future holds, but at the same time is a bit sad...he's not much of a little baby anymore. He continues to be a happy kid, though he has shown us how loud he can be when he wants our attention.
Jacob continues to talk up a storm. It seems he has a new phrase or word everyday. When talking to a mom of one of his classmates, she mentioned that her daughter doesn't talk much yet, and only has a few dozen words. I was amazed - Jacob is never quiet! He never ceases to amaze me with his vocabulary. He can be quite the comic relief too.












We hit the zoo this weekend for the first time in awhile. The weather was beautiful and we had a good time. Jacob continues to shy away from activities in the public scene, which surprises me, because he is far from a shy kid. I figure he is just showing his independence in not doing what we want him to, even if it is something fun and he just doesn't realize it. Another phase in the 2 year olds life.
Go here for the rest of this week's pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I know, times goes by so quickly. I can't believe in a few months my youngest will be 1 yr. That is just crazy. This may have been one of the toughest years of my life and it's about to be over --sad in a way. Cute pictures as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. time does by too quickly...Love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete