Monday, October 6, 2008

Playdates, Parties, and Texans



I got picture happy this week, playing photographer with Luke. I think I captured some cute shots, and if you are interested, go here to see a lot of them.

We did have a few cooler mornings this week, but we are still getting into the 90s most afternoons, which for October is just not right. I'm not ready to be wearing pants and jackets just yet, but I've decided some nice 70s or low 80s days would be wonderful. I'm ready to open some windows during the day and spend some time outside. The mosquitos are still bad too, which a little cool weather will help with as well.

This week was another busy one with playdates, school, Bible study, David's work 'party' at Dave and Busters, and our first Texans game of the season. Luke went to the game, since he won't take a bottle and therefore can't be away from me for more than a couple of hours. Jacob stayed home with Grandma and had a wonderful time here.

Jacob and I started to work on numbers in Spanish and identifying lowercase letters this week, and he's doing great with both. I had been neglecting shapes lately too, so we've started to work on those again as well. I also noticed at least 2 of his 2 yr molars have finally cut through (he won't let me see if the other 2 have cut too.)

Luke is sleeping great and smiling a lot. He is also babbling up a storm, especially if he gets your attention and you give him some solid eye contact and conversation. It is really cute. In other 'news', Luke is on day 8 and counting without a dirty diaper. The doctor isn't worried, evidently breastfed babies can go up to 10 days to 2 weeks without one, but wow... I should probably stick close to home because when he finally does go, we will likely have a big mess on our hands.

3 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! Get that boy on a bottle for our trip!!! ha ha ha. That's a long ways away! Hope the poop comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics!! especially the ring pop!! I'm so bummed we missed the playdate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke is so dang cute! He's got such a "handsome" look. they are both precious. jacob and luke both have that smile that literally makes you weak in the knees. they are going to be heart-breakers!

    ReplyDelete