Monday, October 27, 2008

Cold season is here

This week, the weather in Houston was fabulous. Unfortunately, with the wonderful, cooler temperatures, comes cold and flu season. Both Jacob and I had to deal with a cold last week. Thankfully, mine was minor, since it is hard to care for the boys when I'm sick. Jacob seemed to get over his cold without too much downtime too, but something settled into his chest and sinuses. After a visit to the doctor today,he was put antibiotics for a sinus infection and bronchitis and a puffer for wheezing. With the recent struggles with falling asleep, the all night coughing was really making it hard for him to get rested. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and he'll kick the cough. Kids amaze me with their energy levels even when they are sick. Jacob didn't have a fever and didn't slow down one bit to show me he was sick. If it wasn't for the cough, I would never have known he was sick.

Luke also has a little bit of the sniffles, so hopefully that is as far as it goes. He seems to be handling it ok, except for at night. I can hear the poor guy struggling to breathe through his nose. He has also regressed in his sleeping at night the last few nights. I hope it is related to the sniffles so that he will return to normal when they are gone. Luke has also switched to short nap mode this past week. Instead of taking several 1 hour+ naps each day, we are down to 3 or 4 30-40 min naps. I remember this stage with Jacob, and it was no fun. Especially when it seems he catches those snoozes in the car or when I'm fighting to get Jacob to sleep. It takes away from what little kid-free time I have during the day.
Luke's baptism is this weekend. We have some out-of-town family coming in, and we are very excited to get to see them. The party planning has begun so we hope to have a fabulous day.

Go here for the rest of this week's pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I hope everyone is feeling better soon. The pics of GREAT !! and loved the videos.Both the boys are such happy kiddos. Love their smiles.

    ReplyDelete