Tuesday, April 7, 2009

9 months old

Luke is 9 months old today. I could say the cliche "the time has gone by so fast" but it hasn't. It has been perfect. Long enough for me to enjoy him as a baby but not too long so I wish away a particular stage (though his insistance on not sleeping through the night is one phase I have wished away many many many times.) I should take the time now to document where he is at 9 months, but I'm just too tired. A post discussing what each of the boys is up to is forthcoming, I promise (though there is a lot more to "document" for Luke and since I'm using this instead of a journal like I did for Jacob, I should get writing!)

He "celebrated" this particular milestone with his first Mommy and Me swim class tonight. We have been trying for a couple of months to take the class but illness and a cancelled session pushed it back. Luke enjoyed the water for about 15 min, but once he started shivering from the cold, he was done. Hopefully he'll get something out of the class. Jacob took the same one at 6 months old and was able to kick and splash on command once it was done. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your baby is 9 months old. You've almost made it through his first year, amazing how quickly this passes us! Continue to enjoy your boys.
    We missed you last weekend! Hope you join us next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he's already 9 months! Love his red hair and that same smile that Jacob has!

    ReplyDelete