Monday, September 22, 2008

11 Weeks Old and No Bottle

Luke is now 11 weeks old, and growing bigger everyday. We finally moved up to the size 2 diapers today, another sign that my little guy is quickly moving out of that newborn stage :( (I've had him in 2's at night for a few weeks, but they were still a little big) He weighed in at 13.5lbs on our scale today too, a good 1/2 lb in 2 weeks.
After nearly a week of trying several times a day to get Luke to take a bottle again (he hasn't taken one in weeks and cries incessently when we try to give him one and won't calm down until we quit trying and eventually give in and nurse), I'm getting a little worried. Not worried in the sense that my baby isn't getting enough to eat (look at him, you would never think this little boy goes hungry), but worried that I won't be able to be away from him for more than a few hours at a time for the next several months if we can't re-teach him to take the bottle. We aren't giving up, but so far, things are not looking so good. Hopefully things will turn around soon....

4 comments:

  1. For your sake and sanity I hope he takes a bottle for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 different types of bottles with different size nipples that I can give you to try if you want. Maybe a different feel would make a difference????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avery never took a bottle. It was okay b/c she was my first and I didn't want to get out as much. But I wouldn't want to be without that convenience now!

    Have you tried the ones that look like the blue circle pacifiers they give at hospoitals? They have them at Wal-Mart. Miles didn't like the pacifiers but he liked that bottle. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to my world hun! I can say that after 10 months of no bottle I have gotten very used to it..or maybe I have just persueded myself that a break means I only take Kayla with me to the store. That and I time everything for when she will be taking a nap.

    Good luck with the bottle. It makes life so much easier!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete