Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Little Mr. Independent and Mama's Boy


Jacob did the cutest thing yesterday, so I had to share. We were at lunch at Willie's Icehouse with some friends after Bible Study. At some point, Jacob finished his drink, so rather than wait on a waiter to come refill it, he decided to take it upon himself to get more. He picked up his cup and walked up to where the soda fountain was and proceeded to reach his cup up above his head as if he was going to fill it up. It was quite adorable. A passing waitress saw it and asked him what he was drinking. Evidently, whatever he said, sounded like 'water' so that is what he got. He took the cup and very proudly carried it back to our table by the sandbox and said "I more drink, Mommy." Quite the independent little boy.

Luke, on the other hand, showed what a mama's boy he is yesterday. I dropped Luke off at my mom's house so she could watch him while I went to a YMCA class. Apparently, he woke up not long after I left him and proceeded to cry much of the time he was there. My mom tried feeding him (with the bottle, medicine dropper, syringe dropper-all of which were unsuccessful) and since he wanted no part of that, he continued to cry. When I got there and took him from my mom (apologizing for him crying the whole time, I feel so bad when that happens), he quickly stopped crying and lay his head on my shoulder. Soon enough, he was asleep. Once we got home, he woke up and was all smiles. What a mama's boy. It is very sweet, but, like the whole 'no bottle' thing, it is a bit inconvenient too. I know, kids aren't here for our convenience, but it is nice to get away for a little bit. And if the baby is unpleasant when not around his mama...well, no one wants to deal with that. He's normally a very laid back kid...except for when he is hungry or tired. I guess I'll have to chalk this incident up to one of those things...

2 comments:

  1. Luckily you had left him with grandma. I sure hope he takes a bottle for you soon. You will survive nonetheless!
    Love the Jacob story, things like that are so cute as they grow up. It's fun to see them so proud of themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Grandma didn't mind at all. Of course I'm sorry if he's unhappy, but I'd rather love on a fussy Luke than not have him there. And I did get a number of sweet smiles first. :-))

    ReplyDelete