Sunday, September 7, 2008

Almost Top Ten and an Update





Once again, I'm a day late in my posting...such is life with 2 little ones. We have had several fabulous "Top Ten" weather days this year, but it has been several months since we've had one (good old Houston summers.) And although Saturday probably wasn't considered "Top Ten" it was close - especially since we hadn't had good outdoor weather in so long.
David came up with the great idea to check out the new downtown park, Discovery Green and enjoy the 'cool' morning. So we packed up the car and the kiddos and headed downtown. I know, driving to go to a park sounds silly, but I'm glad we made the trip. The park was really neat and it was so nice to get outside, lay a blanket in the grass, and just enjoy the weather. Jacob enjoyed playing in the fountain, on the playground, and kicking the soccer ball around the wide open spaces. Our friends John, Kasia, and their son Quentin joined us. Overall, it was a great day.
And a quick update on Luke's swaddling sleeping (I could get used to this, but I'm trying not to since, like most things with babies, different phases will change things up before I know it)

Thursday: ate at 8pm, to bed at 8:30pm, up to eat at 3:30am

Friday: ate at 9:15pm, to bed at 10pm, up at 4:30am

Saturday: ate at 7:30pm, to bed at 8:15pm, ate at 5am !!! Wow!

3 comments:

  1. You have inspired me to order the miracle blanket!!!! Caroline almost requires to be swaddled in order to sleep longer than 20 minutes and I get so frustrated when the blanket we use comes undone. Our new blanket should arrive this week some time!!! I can't wait and I will let you know how our sleep night goes that night, but she is on the same type of schedule so far that your Luke is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been wanting to go to the new park as well. Way to go Luke!! Keep sleeping buddy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun weekend. Love your two new posts. It's fun to get updates on the kids this way.

    ReplyDelete