Monday, September 29, 2008

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...


OK, so 'the worst of times' is overstating it, but times certainly can be tough. It seems that that is the motto of life with a two year old and newborn.
Overall, this was a good week for both boys, but that doesn't mean everything was a breeze. The daytime battles with Jacob subsided a bit this week, which I was very thankful for. He is playing on his own more and is more patient when we waits on me to play with him as well. He still whines a lot when Daddy's around, which is very frustrating. The whining really makes the evenings and weekends more stressful than they need to be. I'm not sure why his demeaner changes so much when Daddy's around. Perhaps he's used to what he gets with Mommy, and with Daddy, it is still up in the air. Who knows. We are also still battling naps and bedtime, usually spending over an hour trying to get him to stay in his bed and sleep. I'm not ready to give up on naptime yet, so the battle will likely continue, for now.

Luke on the other hand had a great week of sleep. We are finally in somewhat of a daytime sleep routine, so by 7pm, I've timed it so he is ready to sleep. Unlike last week, this week he was very easy to put down. He stays down for 7-8 hours too. He still won't take a bottle, but we have made a little progress. I'll keep trying. For now, I just feed him and put him to bed before I go out in the evenings. It makes for a later start to the evening, but you do what you have to do. We did this on Saturday for our 5th anniversay date, and it worked out fine. Luke also took his first swim in the pool this week - and did great. With the hurricane closing the pool for 2 weeks, we didn't have a chance until Saturday. Now the pool is closed for the summer, so I'm glad we were able to go one last time to let him take a swim.

Go here for the rest of this week's pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pics!! and way to go Luke on sleeping I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 5 year!! Glad you got a date night! Those are soooooo important. I hate naptime battles, I NEVER win! But, we're doing a movie for quiet time so it's still nice. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete