Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Soccer

Yesterday marked the beginning of a new phase in our house - the start of youth sports. Jacob is doing YMCA soccer this Fall and he had his first practice last night. Of course, we waited until the last minute to get his gear, so after a trip to Academy for shin guards and cleats, he was ready.
Jacob has loved kicking the soccer ball since he could walk, so I knew this was a fitting sport to start with.
Although I played soccer for many years as a child, I haven't really taught him anything regarding the sport, so it was quite amusing last night to see him try things like dribbling and passing the ball to a teammate for the first time.
Once he decides to quit picking up the ball to 'place' it where he wants it before kicking it, I think he's going to be great.
He loves it and is ready to go back and play today. First game is a week from Saturday. You can bet I'll have pictures from that event as well.

1 comment:

  1. Talk about looking older! Miles is going to start soccer at the Y too - Although I don't know if October to Dec is a great time of year to play soccer in Washington. You lucky Texans.

    ReplyDelete