Monday, September 28, 2009

What we've been doing....

Honestly, it doesn't feel like much, but somehow we sure are keeping busy. Since this is my 'journal' on the boys and things going on, I like to make blogging somewhat of a priority, but I haven't been lately. Thankfully, I still take a lot of pictures so I can look through those to remember what went on during the week (like the 2 double birthday parties the boys attended.)
The update and pictures here are from 2 weeks ago (Sept 14-20). Jacob had his first soccer practice on Tuesday. Besides kicking the ball occasionally, he really didn't know anything about soccer going into it, so I was impressed with what he was able to pick up after only one practice. He is playing through the YMCA on an all 3-year-old team. They are quite adorable.
That week was also Jacob's first full week of school (all 2 days of it....) plus Bible Study on Wednesday. It was a tiring week for him, especially since he doesn't get a nap at school on Tues/Thurs. Thankfully, when he gets home on those days, he's happy to watch a movie or do something quiet and restful so that he isn't completely spent by dinnertime. In fact, he's fallen asleep a couple of times.
Luke continues to eat like a champ, is getting more and more strong-willed when he wants something (or doesn't want something), is talking a bit more, and is showing how much he understands when we tell him something. He follows directions pretty well (when he wants to, mind you) which is pretty amazing to me. He also has learned ways to let us know what he wants even without the proper words. I love this age! Now if only we could get past the crying before naps and bedtime issue we've been dealing with for way too long, things would be less stressful around here.
Here are the pictures from 2 weeks ago.

1 comment:

  1. I wish mine fell asleep during quiet time. Samuel has been a mess from about noon - 4:00 most days lately. On the weekends Todd gets him to sleep but I just can't do it, no patience I guess for his stubborness about napping.

    ReplyDelete