Saturday, September 5, 2009

Summer is Coming to a Close

**I'm slowly trying to get caught up on my weekly picture posts. These pictures and the weekly wrap-up is from last week (8/24-8/30)

Since public school started last week and some preschools did as well, our routine changed a bit this week. The pool is not open during the week anymore so we visited a friend's splashpad to escape the heat instead.
The boys also swam in our little backyard blowup pool too.

We did visit our 'other' neighborhood pool on Saturday (a first) and captured some pictures and video of Jacob diving for rings in the shallow end (posted earlier). We were proud of him for doing it. He also swam to us several times and is getting better every time.
Luke is saying more 'real' words these days - ball, mama, shoes, juice, ouch, book, and poop(yeah, I know) are quite obvious and occasionally I think I hear others. He's learning to 'play' a bit on his own and also some with Jacob instead of just being a pest in Jacob's eyes. He's also finally started to like books. Jacob loved being read to from an early early age and would sit for quite awhile just flipping through books even before he could crawl. Luke has been quite the opposite so far, flat refusing to sit and listen to a book and showing no interest in looking at them himself. I'm so glad he's starting to come around.
In the weaning process, I dropped Luke's midday feeding this week, so we are down to just 2, morning and night. I am trying to move the bedtime one earlier so it isn't right before he goes to bed and I'm also trying to put off feeding him immediately when he wakes up (the latter doesn't happen most days.) He's handling the whole process much better than I was expecting, considering how attached he has been to nursing his whole 14 months.
Jacob has once again been fighting his nap and bedtime. Some days, I think he might be ready to just have a rest time instead of a nap, but by the evening when he is falling apart because he is so tired, I change my mind. As of now, I do get him to sleep for a little bit most days, but I'm not sure how much longer that will happen, especially since he will no longer nap at school. We'll see what happens. (Here is what happened during books at bedtime with no nap.)
Here are the rest of the pictures from the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment