Monday, March 2, 2009

The Wedding

After a lot of discussion, David and I decided to take the boys on a short road trip to the Hill Country to attend my cousin's wedding this past weekend. The wedding was on Friday and didn't start until 7:30pm, so if you have small kids, you can imagine our apprehension about going. The drive up was fairly quick and uneventful. We checked into the hotel, had a quick snack, changed, and headed out. Since the boys were not interested in sitting still and being quiet, David missed the actual ceremony to entertain them elsewhere. Other than that, the boys were surprisingly good. Jacob seemed to be moving 100 mph the entire time and I don't think he sat still except for a few minutes to eat his dinner. Luke fell asleep for a little while, but woke up just a short time before we left the reception....at 11:00pm! The night in the hotel was rough, but we pretty much expected it. The next morning, we took advantage of the indoor heated pool and let the boys swim. Once my dad sends me some of the pictures he took at the pool, I'll post them. Overall, I'm glad we made the trip.

1 comment: